Reference Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back To Basics 2 - What Is Internet Marketing?

Please excuse me if some of this is stating the obvious, but this information is based on assuming that my followers are either totally new to this thinking, or simply want me to 'follow the logic' to discover how people are making (in some cases very healthy) incomes online.

What Is The Internet, How Is It Used, and How Can You Start To Make Money Online?

Ask yourself, "What Do People Mainly Use The Internet For?"
Ask yourself, "Why Am I Surfing The Internet Right Now?"
Is it:

  1. Shopping?
  2. Entertainment?
  3. Information?

It's the third item, Information, which I'll start on today.
For any of the above activities on the internet, we're still looking for information, aren't we?
Shopping. You want a 10mp camera, so - you look for brands, prices, reviews and specifications - INFORMATION. You buy your new camera, and maybe the manual doesn't quite give you all the information you'd like, to get the best out of it, or you'd like some accessories for it. Back to the web and look it up - INFORMATION again. Entertainment. You fancy seeing a film, and maybe a bite afterwards. On the web you can check what films are around your area, reviews and prices, then follow through with checking out eating establishments. All looking for INFORMATION.



Why Are You Here?
Simply curiosity perhaps. Just having a read over your cup of coffee, to fill some time? Or maybe you've had enough worrying about where the next penny's coming from, and starting to think seriously about the option of making money online.

I am speaking from experience. I am 'over 50++', and apparently therefore unemployable. After having run successful businesses in the past, the so called credit crunch took my most recent venture to the wall, and with it, an extended mortgage. I know what it's like to be running on vapours. (That's vapors for my non-British readers).
Perhaps your own situation is not quite that dire, in which case you have a little more breathing space to investigate your options. (Did I mention that I'm a Pom/Limey/Brit?)

People Will Pay For GOOD Information

Although a great deal of information is free on the the internet, including the advice offered here, many people are happy to pay for information about their particular interests. Just look at the magazines lining your local stationer, and even more, the many books on almost every subject you can imagine. The magazines aren't free, and neither are books. You may already be an expert in something, whether it's technical, a trade or possibly a hobby. Unless it's extremely remote, there ARE CUSTOMERS WAITING for some of your knowledge, and they WILL PAY for it (if it's any good, of course).
Remember, and this is important - This Is A Worldwide Market. You could have up to 6 billion potential customers. You won't, of course, but even a tiny percentage of say, .01%, would still make 6,000,000!

There are many ways to make money online, depending on your budget, urgency, and willingness to put some effort in.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, or even what you would like to see next. The subject is huge, so I have to break it down into smaller chunks, or you'll get bored and I'll get typing cramp (read two index finger cramp).
One of my little girls (I've got three) is hollering something about going to see Toy Story. "But Daddy, it's in 3D!" Better go now, or they'll beat me to the popcorn. See you soon.

No comments: