Reference Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

3. Where Do I Start?

There are many ways to make money online, some of which are:

Blogging
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Selling Your Own Products (Website or Clickbank)
Selling Other People's Products (Affiliate Marketing)
Private Label Rights (PLR)
Article Marketing
Multi Level Marketing (MLM)
Social Network Marketing (ie. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube etc.)
Mobile Phone/Cellphone Marketing (NEW)
EBay Marketing
Amazon
Google Adsense

I make no pretensions to being an expert in all of these, but have gained enough knowledge to help anyone new to internet marketing in quite a few of these subjects.

Action Plan - Part One
(These will be added to an Action Plan page as the list is added to)
Take Some Actions Now. These will not cost you anything, and you will feel like you've achieved something, and taken the first tentative steps to a new beginning.


Email. Set up at least one, better still two totally new email accounts.
I prefer to use GoogleMail as I have for some time, and I think Google is a better service, offering more flexibility and control.


Why Two Accounts? - Organisation.
I have a number of email accounts. The first one is the one I give product vendors when I take one of their free or introductory offers, and thereby register to accept information from them (usually a requirement) to avoid spamming.
My No.1 account has received over 7000, yes 7000(!) emails in about 4 months! It's often difficult to separate the chaff from the wheat, but at least it keeps 'enquiries' apart from . . . my No.2 account, which only has about 40 messages in it over the same period. The only people who communicate through this account are from organisations I have ACTUALLY PURCHASED (A Product or System) FROM. I also have a 3rd separate account for financial reasons, such as Clickbank & Paypal receipts etc., but you could always use your second account for this.

Keep a note of the account names and passwords straight away, you can always add them to a spreadsheet later.

Note: If you do register for something, say free ebook, I recommend you only enter your FIRST NAME on the form, plus your chosen new 'primary' email address.


DO NOT enter your home/family/personal email address. You will start receiving so much stuff, it'll give you a headache! (And fill up your computer). Remember, an email registered with, say, Gmail is known as webmail, meaning that it doesn't take space on your PC or Mac, and also can be accessed from anywhere, even an internet cafe.

PS. I will not make any money from these.


There will be more soon. In the meantime, why not comment on the posts? You don't have to stay "on post". If there's something you'd like to see in this blog, just let me know.



No comments: