Reference Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Website (and HTML)

A few people have asked when the website will be up. Well, due to technical difficulty (mainly, me messing up the management system in Dreamweaver), there may be a delay. I'm a total rookie (read idiot) at web design, so I have to double and triple check everything I do. Only trouble is, when I find a fault, I break down in a babbling heap, coz I don't know what's wrong, or how to fix it!

On the subject of Web Design, if you fancy having a crack at it yourself, I could add a short list of freebie web design software packages for both PC and Mac, to the Tools Page, p'raps? I don't have time for reviews, but I would only list some that I've tried, and recommend. You could always research on the web, before downloading the package. If you don't have experience with graphics packages, there will be a long uphill learning curve, although some of these free applications are brilliant at avoiding the techie stuff.

While I'm here, and blathering about web design, I would strongly recommend that you do a little studying of HTML. Although much of the software today is Drag 'n' Drop, or WISIWYG, knowing a little HTML will probably come in handy later. That's exactly what I know - a little, very little!

Wait for It! I'm actually thinking of doing two sites (Is the boy stark raving bonkers?). Yes, probably, but I have a plan . . . actually it's a doodle on a sheet of Tinkerbell paper (don't even ask).

I have located an excellent free resource for getting a list of HTML code, and a lot of other subject related information and tips. I have contacted them for permission to link to their site (at the correct pages).
Until I receive the OK, I cannot link yet. Then I will ad it to a post, and on the Reference Page (still under construction).

OK. it's time to don the nightshirt and sleeping cap, grab the candle, and off to the four-poster (yes, really, and it's got curtains and ropes and stuff, but that's probably too much information).
Nighty night.

No comments: