Reference Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Night Shift

I've been asked why I post so late at night (early hours)?
Dedication.   No, didn't think you'd believe it either)!
The truth is, this house (where I work) is in a permanent state of chaos. It's the school holidays here, and with three little girls tearing up the place, I can't think straight. My lovely 24" screen Mac (boast), is situated in the hub of the house, near the kitchen, and it's like b****y Piccadilly Circus. We've got a two acre garden, so when the sun's shining they stay in (of course), cruising around the house with their iPods, making unreasonable demands on my good nature constantly. Things like, "Can I have some food please", or "The cat's gotta vole/shrew in the lounge, and it's still alive", (a regular occurrence).


So, when they're tucked up, and 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' is snoring sleeping, I have the place and piece to myself to 'create' (I use the term loosely). The only traffic in these parts are the sheep, deer (who ate all my vegetables in the garden), and the wild boars.   Really, we have wild boars here. . . 


Gerald, our local scrounger. He likes chocolate and baguettes. Hates dogs.
He has two wives, and at the time of writing, 20 hoglets.
My laptop is a bit elderly to use for my work (like me), so I have to use the one in the house. The other advantage is that when I'm working, the USA is waking up, and it's daytime is Australia, making calls and contacts easier.

Now I really AM off to bed.



"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

No comments: